11 February 2009

Good Clean Fun

My friend Becca had a great idea - let's make our own laundry soap! Sounds crazy, right? So easy! She had a recipe and had seen it done once before. So, she invited a bunch of us over, told us what to bring, and we made laundry detergent! We used Borax, Washing Soda and Fels Naptha soap. It was amazingly simple to do and I can proudly say that I have washed six loads of laundry since I brought home my five-gallon bucket of Home-Made-Detergent and it is wonderful. I mean, come on, we have stains, smells and generally germy, dirty laundry. This did the trick - now we have sweet, clean smelling clothes and it was so cheap to make! Yeah! Thank you Becca!

3 screams from the fans...:

Casey said...

Tina, I am so jealous. will you send me the recipe? Does anyone that was there know if the detergent can work in a front loading washer?

Tina - Ball Team Co-Captain said...

Casey (et al), from what I read on ehow, the detergent is safe for front loaders. It is low sudsing. It does recommend, though, that you be sure to break up all your gel-type clumps as you load it into the dispenser, so that it will disperse evenly into the load. I haven't tried it, and all of us there have top loaders!

Chelsie said...

Tina, could we be any more excited?! I just don't think so. I'm glad to have others with the same interests. Where would I be if EVERYONE acted like I was a little off for wanting to make homemade laundry detergent????