10 October 2008

New Park

We have had spectacular weather lately and last week the ladies and I were out and about enjoying all the cooler fresh air and sunshine. We found a new park, new to us, anyway, and had a great time. It had about five different play areas with equipment, each one different from the last:


It had scenic, historic places to roam around in:



It had a mini-amusement area with little kid carnival rides:



All this plus hiking trails, bike trails, equestrian trails and a dirt-bike track!


Charlotte wins the quote of the day for this one, too:

We had just parked here so they could play on the playground and I read the sign, "Ladies, don't play on the tank, see the sign?" Charlotte said, "I guess those kids' moms can't read, huh Mom?"

1 screams from the fans...:

Casey said...

I just discovered that park just before we moved. I loved it. Except the little carnival rides were closed when we went. I won't tell you what we saw a boy doing off the side of the tank when he was standing on it - but I bet you can guess - only something boys would do. I was pretty disgusted. There were no parents around to even see the sign.

I'm glad you found it and are enjoying it. We have a fabulous park here about 5 minutes from us. Tanglewood Park (does that sound familiar from when you lived here?) At christmas they have a whole light display that they start setting up for in Oct. You just drive through and look at the lights while they have a radio station set with Christmas music to go with the lights. It's a new family tradition. You'll have to come and experience it with us sometime. I love finding great parks like these.