06 October 2008

THE Game



We have a healthy little rivarly in our house - football. I grew up watching the games with my family on Sunday afternoon. I asked questions, Dad answered them, and I decided that my team would be the New Orleans Saints. I liked their colors and the fact that they had a French connection. Meanwhile, in divers places across the United States, James was growing up and doing the same thing - except he was playing football. His team has always been the Minnesota Vikings - he liked the colors, too, and he's followed them his whole life. Tonight, is the night - The Vikings (1-3) play the Saints (2-2) on Monday Night Football at the Superdome. James will be home early from work, supper is in the crock-pot, the kids have already chosen a side to root for and the rivalry will play out.

3 screams from the fans...:

Tina - Ball Team Co-Captain said...

It was a great game - very evenly matched. The Saints took an early lead, and in the end, the Vikings won by a field goal.

The Mechlings said...

I'm glad you posted the comment b/c i had NO idea who won! it's fun to have a little family rivalry, though, and I'm sure the girls catch the excitement. we'll see if OUR girls end up cheering for the Dolphins (Ray) or the Cowboys (me)!

Anonymous said...

I won!!! Vikings are a better team...hahaha...don't you love me? In your face babe. The biggest vikings fan read about me in the blog.