04 September 2009

Thank you friends!

Earlier this week, my friend Emilee went to the Memphis temple with her husband, so I offered to watch her little ones, ages 3 and 4. No problem for me. I'm home, Jay needs kids to play with, and they are good kids. Bring on the kiddos.

Today, I had the pleasure of watching my friend Becca's children, ages 4 and nineteen months. Her little girl, Q, is two weeks older than Jay, so they have been "friends" their whole lives. My 4 year old was not at home to play with K, her little boy, so I got to play Lego Star Wars and Lego Batman with him while my friend did some errands. Her husband has been deployed and is coming home on Saturday, so she is a busy woman these days. (Yeah for Becca and family!)
My friends drop their kids at my house all the time. It just makes sense. I'm here. I'm happy to do it and my kids love having their friends over.

No payback is necessary, but, look what my friends did for me:

The produce is from Becca. At the store, they were going to throw this OUT! Aaahhh! Not with Becca around. Grab it make make fajitas! The banana bread is from Emilee. She makes so many delicious things, but, this one in particular I think will be especially delicious since she altered her recipe just so Jay could eat it - no walnuts, extra sugar!

My friends are wonderful. And this is just two of you. The rest of you know who you are. You are fantastic and such a blessing to me and my family. Thank you all!

Oh, and speaking of friends, look at us:

The Monday Morning Stroller Brigade

If your beautiful face is not in this picture - again, you know who you are - come join us!

2 screams from the fans...:

Chelsie said...

I don't know why this post brought me close to crying. It is just an emotional day, I guess!

I just love you Tina!

a busy mom said...

I wish I could be in that picture strolling with you guys- so cute. You have a lot of friends Tina! You are such a good person, you always watched Courtney and Sam for me too. We miss you guys!
Soni