13 August 2009

Whew!

Our move is over. Whew. We are now in the settling phase and I am happy to say that we have internet again. (As a bonus, can I just say that it was about half the price of our old service. Same company, same speed, just having a special when we reconnected. Love those little happy gifts.)
In these photos we see James and Rachel taking the LAST box out of the attic. And a great shot of James and Rachel demonstrating this moving technique. Put it on wheels and roll it down the street! This, I believe, is the ONE advantage of only moving three doors down - no trucks involved. The Young Men from our church came over and moved us. I told them - Just pick up whatever you see, boys, and walk to that house over there. Great job. One of the Missionaries serving here (from Tonga) actually picked up our loveseat, hoisted it over his shoulder and put it down in our new living room. I wish I had a picture, but, believe me, it was amazing.
Another amazing thing about our move is this:

That dome on our old roof is 15 feet across and 9 feet high at the center. It doesn't weigh too much, since it's PVC pipe. Our kids (and their friends) just love to play on it. But, how do you get it out of the backyard? You roll it over the roof, of course! I was skeptical, but, leave it to the men to figure it all out. They climbed it to get up on the roof, more of them held it up 'til the ones on the roof could grab it, and then they just rolled it over and set it down on the other side. Amazing. Thank you!!!! Pizza for everybody!

1 screams from the fans...:

Cherstin said...

What CRAZZY pictures! Soory I missed it.