22 August 2009

Allergy Update

Our youngest, Jay, has allergies. Mainly, he's allergic to all nuts, eggs and dogs. These are three quite common things at our house, but, we're adjusting. I wanted to share a before and after picture, because he's just getting so dang handsome...

Before: (at the doctor's office, actually) in July 09
A happy boy, but, blotchy and looking like the chicken pox, plus he was always in those footed PJs, just so he couldn't scratch his sores. You can't see it here, but, he's covered in open sores. The doctors say his face is actually one of the best areas on him, since the skin there regenerates so quickly.



After: one month & four prescriptions later, Aug 09
Still happy and clearing up nicely!

I'm not one to run to the doctor, but, Jay is really responding to the prescriptions. He still has breakouts whenever he gets too close to dogs or eats various foods, so maybe everything is not yet isolated. He's made lots of progress and we just have to keep on top of what he eats.

And don't you just LOVE the hair! Sweet little Deuce.

7 screams from the fans...:

Unknown said...

Whoa, nice pictures of your children. I'm happy that your son is not isolated. Thanks for the post.

ENT doctor

Chelsie said...

Yeah!!!!!! I am so happy for Jay. SOOOO handsome. Oh, that HAIR at church today! I hope you got a pic of that...

Marc and Liz Anson said...

I'm so glad you figured out what he was allergic to. I have some good substitutes for eggs (rachel is allergic too) let me know if you want some. But I'm sure your allergist gave you some :)

The Mechlings said...

his hair is AWESOME!!!! It's a white boy 'fro!!

and, I have to admit, I didn't hug Sister Hobbs when I was home ... she's in the OTHER ward. BOO! I missed seeing her, the Cole's, the Skinner's and so many others. It was weird.

angelalois said...

LIke your other friend who chimed in, I have a nephew who's allergic to eggs and my sis-in-law has done some mad awesome experimenting in the kitchen to make cakes, desserts, etc., that are all egg-free so he can have them. He's allergic to milk too, and he's just now back on wheat. It's a stinky sticky situation; some little guys grow out of it though. Best wishes for you! PS your blog rocks, I've got it on my google reader!

a busy mom said...

glad he is doing better! He looks so cute and growing up fast! Boys are so sweet aren't they- so different, they love their mama's! Daddy's too of course but something about a mom/son relationship too. I hope he continues to get well and out grow the allergies. My neighbors daughter out grew hers so just maybe Jay will too!
Sonia

a busy mom said...

oh yeah LOVE the hair! I always wanted curls and the boy got them! not fair!
Sonia