21 August 2009

Proud Mom-ent

I had a proud mom moment today. Hence the new word that has just now entered the English language - a mom-ent. I have to share.

Charlotte is our six year old first grader. She reported to me today that they are allowed to watch TV for a while in class, some sort of down time about mid-day.

Me: What did you watch?
C: Nothing, Mom. You wouldn't let me.
Me: Oh?
C: It was Cartoon Network, so I'm not allowed.
Me: (thinking - yep, that's the rule) So what did you tell your teacher?
C: I told her I'm not allowed to watch Cartoon Network. So she said I could just read on the pillows.

Aaahhhh. Good girl, Charlie.

I am so thankful for obedient children. And daughters who love to read!

This Mom-ent has been brought to you by Charlotte, at age six.

4 screams from the fans...:

Chelsie said...

AH!!!! TOTALLY loved the link to lds.org! I was hoping that was what that was.

Casey said...

That was soooo great. It's so nice to hear when kids know right from wrong. But my question is: What is wrong with the school? Why in the world would they be promoting watching TV? Why couldn't they all read a book? Good thing Charlotte is there to set the example for the whole class since the school isn't. Sorry, I get so frustrated at adults sometimes. Ok! I'll get off my high horse. I love that you are such a good mom teaching your kids good values. We don't watch cartoon network here either. We love and miss you guys.

Tina - Ball Team Co-Captain said...

Aaaawww, thanks, Casey. And yes, values in the schools? Enough there for a whole blog devoted to the subject. Hey - there's a project for a RS pres with four small kids and nothing better to fill her days...hint. :)

a busy mom said...

She is so cute- those eyes so it all. Good lesson!