17 September 2014

James, short version?

I have to say - I love long hair on men.  It's the rock n roll in me, maybe, it's the surfer mentality from my childhood; I don't know.  When James was hurt and no longer going to the office everyday, I wouldn't let him cut his hair.  So, for three years it has grown and grown.  He was the only guy at church who had a french braid - and I loved it.
Recently, however, James received a new job in our church.  This job asked that he cut his locks and shave his goatee.  He complied gladly - and he looks so handsome.  This last shot was from this morning - heading off to his first day as an ordinance worker in the Memphis, TN Temple, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints.  He is so excited and he will do great.  He loves his Father in Heaven and is so happy to serve.  He's still medicated for the two and half hour ride to Memphis and he will be in bed all day tomorrow, but he is so dedicated and ready to be involved.  Go get 'em James.


3 screams from the fans...:

Unknown said...

Holy cow! What a difference! He looks great! What a sacrifice and blessing for your family.

MaryAnn said...

Woah. I hardly recognize him, but what an awesome calling for him!

Jen said...

Wow James, very handsome!! I know I'm late to the party, as usual.