30 October 2009

Kiss Alive 35

James' birthday is in December. But, when I heard on the radio about KISS adding Little Rock to their Alive 35 Tour in October, I KNEW it would be the perfect birthday surprise! I found cheap tickets on eBay, I found the perfect sitter for the kids - thank you Sister White! - and I kept my mouth shut for about three weeks! Tough one! I even had James' Dad in on it - he pitched in with some money for a tee-shirt!

The day of the show, Sister White shows up to take a family picture for us. Which she did. We then all circle James and hand him a box while singing Happy Birthday to You. He is dumbfounded. I tell him to open it, he protests that it is NOT his birthday. I insist; he opens it and says - "No way! Are these KISS tickets? Let's go!"

We loved it! Loud, loud and loud. Fire, expolosions, fog, lights, moving stages, flying over the crowd, all the make-up and garrish costuming that made KISS famous. Our seats were close enough to feel the heat from the flames! What really struck me about the show was that it was not just a show. Paul Stanley talked to the audience. Gene Simmons played with the crowd. Each band member had a huge solo stint. The band is not just about brash outfits: they can really play. They love what they do. You can feel it. (You can also feel your fillings in your teeth vibrating!)

Happy Birthday, Babe.

1 screams from the fans...:

Gillie said...

Man are are you OLD! I love it though, looks like fun