08 April 2009

Ball Team Garden !!!

This year is the year we WILL have a Ball Team garden. Finally. I always used excuses in the past (pregnant, no yard, kids too little). No more. This year we will have fresh veggies and those life lessons you can only learn with dirt under your nails.


I started us off by planting the spring crops - already in the ground we have strawberries, broccoli, bell peppers, green leaf lettuce, sweet onions, red cabbage, zucchini and swiss chard.

All this comes by way of the generosity of Martin, a man in our ward with plenty of land and a green thumb. He tilled up rows, packed with vitamins and compost, then invited families in our ward to come and garden. How easy is that? He's even installed port-o-potties and a shade structure.

Later, I plan to add tomatoes, cucumbers, green beans, carrots and watermelon!

2 screams from the fans...:

Chelsie said...

Beautimus. I am so excited and hope it doesn't freeze this weekend! I would be so sad if I didn't have strawberries and sugar-snap peas... Mmmm...

a busy mom said...

ok- your getting too domestic! really your putting us to shame. Let me know how everything turns out!
Sonia
can you ship to VA