28 March 2009

Heading For The Baker's Dozen

James and I were married on March 28, 1997. Just a dozen short years ago. In honor of our twelve years, I will present twelve facts about us. All this is really for our amusement and for entertainment value only, I don't think this is the platform to get too personal.....

ONE- We were married on Good Friday. Yes, yes it was a good Friday. TWO- We were sealed in the Washington DC temple (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) exactly one year later, on March 28, 1998. THREE- We served jelly beans as appetizers at the reception. Hey, it was Easter weekend... FOUR- We spent a week at the beach for our honeymoon (Thank you, Best Family!!!) flying kites and walking in the dunes. There was a hot tub on the patio, and on April Fool's Day it was snowing. We sat in the hot tub and watch the snowflakes melt in the air around us. FIVE- In the twelve years that have followed, we have never spent a week at the beach. SIX- We had met only three and half months before our wedding. SEVEN- In these twelve years we have lived in five states and had five children. EIGHT- Since the night of our first date, the longest we have been apart is a week, and that has happened only twice (once James was at training for work, and once I went to a conference for Seminary teachers at BYU). NINE- Our first date was a set up, and the man who set us up was our best man at the wedding. TEN- On our first date, we went to a rib joint/bar - Adam's Ribs. I still have the receipt. ELEVEN- We both knew the night we met that we had found the one we would marry. TWELVE- I would do it all over again.

3 screams from the fans...:

Jen Preisch said...

Wow! I did not know a lot of that! And I do not remember the jelly beans at the reception, I don't know how I could forget jelly beans, they are my favorite! Remember how Carole and I were the only ones who loved black jelly beans at WC???

Anonymous said...

I think you may have just set yourself up for a seminary calling! Just one more thing about you that amazes me!

Melanie said...

You are awesome! I love hearing what is happening with you and yours. I still miss you - and one of these days we will meet somewhere in the middle. My goal is to update the blog today - after I get home from Ty's therapy