18 March 2009

Charlotte Loves Kindergarten

Charlotte hates to get up in the morning, but, loves kindergarten. She is still amazing herself that she can read. She has such a look of satisfaction on her face when she finishes her nightly books. She is so proud. Charlotte has had two fun projects come home this week that she has done in kindergarten:

First, Charlotte the Leprechaun!

Second, a "Listening Chart". Charlotte had to sit outside on the playground and draw what she heard, then make tally marks for every time she heard it. I thought this was either a clever way to have the kids listening, drawing, and numbering, OR, the teacher just needed everyone to sit quietly for a while. I thought Charlotte's drawing of the wind was pretty darn remarkable, but, hey, I'm the proud Mom. Give me this one.

1 screams from the fans...:

Chelsie said...

Wow, I am completely impressed! And now I have an idea for when I need the kids to be quiet...