02 March 2009

Happy Birthday, Doc

Dr. Seuss was born today in 1904 - wow, a world without the internet. For no reason in particular, I have included a poll. What's your favorite Dr. Seuss? Here's my pick:

Try this website, here, for games and books from Dr. Seuss.

2 screams from the fans...:

wiseley worded said...

I like Yertle the turtle, too. It's a blueprint for revolution, in my mind. Very subversive. Though I think it should be called "A turtle named mac." Why name it after the bad guy? Also, I like the parable of the rabbit, bear and worm too.

But Mulberry street has been my favorite since I was 2, years before I could appreciate a political treatise like "Yertle." Plus I like the pretty colors.

Chelsie said...

Green Eggs and Ham, I must say. I totally memorized it when I was young so I could pretend that I could read. Why was that book so wonderful????