23 July 2008

Yeah! First Check

This is a corny picture, true. It's one of those, I-took-it-myself-poses. But, I wanted to document the moment. I'm standing in the bank parking lot, about to go in and deposit my first Usborne Books paycheck. The check is for $6.82. Some of my friends ordered some books on my website, www.ubah.com/U2914 (shameless plug) and I got a commission check. I hope to have a bunch more business from the school libraries once they come back this coming school year. I handed out catalogs to all the elementary and middle schools just before they let out for the summer, so this fall I hope to be busy. Gotta get out there, right?

2 screams from the fans...:

Cherstin said...

GO TINA!, GO TINA! GO, GO, GO TINA! YEAH!!!!!

hey, every little bit counts. That's $6.30some cents more then what i have. I have been planing on ordering some books. Your so kind as to not pester me. School will be here soon and i'm positive it will get better. Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Yeah to go Tina! That $6.30 will definately turn into more once school gets started! Call me. I've tried reaching me with no success. I hope things are well! Amy