14 December 2009

The Best Friday the Thirteenth

Happy Anniversary to us. Thirteen years ago, on Friday the 13th, James called my answering machine. In a thick Mississippi accent he asked if I would like to have dinner. He had only been in town a few days, and had been given my phone number by the man in our Ward who helped him find a temporary place to live. He was in town for a three month temporary job and wasn't looking for anything more than someone to eat with. We were married three months later.

We both knew - that very night - that we had met the one we were meant to marry. So glad you came to Maryland, babe. Every day, I'm glad you came to Maryland.

7 screams from the fans...:

Marc and Liz Anson said...

What a cute story!!! Happy 13th Anniversary :)

Rachel said...

...Then a year later you had ME! Happy anniversary mom and dad... <3(that is a heart)



Love ya with all my heart your daughter, Rachel Mae

tammy pilcher said...

How cute is that!!!!Happy belated Anniversary!!

Gillie said...

I remember when all that happened :) Congrats on the anniversary!

Send me your address, would you?
jaredandgillie@gmail.com

ansons said...

Congrats! Doesn't time just fly?

angelalois said...

I remember when it all happened too. Wouldn't you say it was a great blessing for agreeing to be a seminary teacher? hahahaha!!

Emilee said...

Cute picture! It reminded me of when you told us this story at ladies night- made me miss you!