29 January 2009

Seventeen Again...


James and I had a huge night! We were seventeen again. Thanks to ebay, we scored two tickets to a concert that neither James nor I had seen before - the one and only, AC/DC. We were even able to snag a ride with some fellow "seventeen year olds", our friends Matt and Megan. Together we experienced an awesome show - AC/DC, the Black Ice Tour.

AC/DC has a new album out and after more than thirty years as rock icons, they were amazing. As I was standing on the concrete of the first risers, I could feel every joint in my body pounding with the intense music. The guitar solos were long and driving and just straight amazing. I have been to many, many shows in my life, but, I can honestly say that I have never seen anything like Angus Young. Wow. Brian Johnson's voice sounded clear and solid and it was as if we stepped right inside the music. Loud doesn't begin to explain how high the volume was. Wow, loud. It was fantastic, and for the night, we were lost in the music and the show.

We were seventeen again.

2 screams from the fans...:

Megan said...

You are so right. It was fantastic, amazing, and awesome. What an incredible night. It was cool to hang out with you guys. ~M

Casey said...

Tina, I love it. I just can't even imagine you guys at an AC/DC concert. What fun for you. I love reliving my teenage years through music also. Glad you had a great time.