02 May 2008

And I quote ... ha ha ha

I found this on the blog of a blog. A blog once removed. However the jargon goes.
My LDS friends will find it funny (I hope); my non-LDS friends might have some questions, so just e-mail me and I'll explain it all...
----------------
"This list was read at our Elders Quorum date-night party on Feb. 10, 2007...and by popular demand...I have posted the following:

Top Ten Reasons To Have A Mormon President
By David Alvord


10. So that the "National Cathedral" can be renamed the "National Tabernacle".
9. So NASA will comission a satellite to hie to Kolob.
8. The Secret Service will be changed to the Sacred Service.
7. So that all official government prayers will include the phrase: "that we all get home safely".
6. So that Napoleon Dynamite's endorsement does more that get Pedro elected.
5. To have a President who can not only explain things in Layman's terms but also in Lemuel's terms.
4. An exchange of presidential pardons for 100% home teaching.
3. Finally a President who can not only pronounce the word "nuclear", but can also say "mahonri-moriancumr" and "maher-shalal-hash-baz".
2. So that at his inauguration he will place his hand on the Bible "as far as it is translated correctly".
1. AND, to have a first family large enough to occupy all the rooms of the White House."

0 screams from the fans...: