21 March 2019

Samantha's Wisdom

Samantha had to get her wisdom teeth extracted.  Three of them.  That in and of itself is a lot, but, she also had three other teeth that had to come out so she was having six extractions today.  I captured this moment of Charlotte and Samantha in the waiting room reading a magazine together.  These two can fight, so I'm happy to see these - not so rare - moments of real sisterhood and friendship with them.

So they gas her up.  And she's out for the count.  She was glad to get this done because they were hurting her, so she's not scared at all

On the way home she was scared she was going to do something dumb, but, instead she was numb.  She kept asking us if her face was still there, cause it's just fuzzy.....

She's a little swollen in this picture, and she was very good about icing her jaw.  She was on liquids for a while, with no straws.  She's an excellent dental patient.

She always did love her vegetables....

One story about this experience that Samantha doesn't remember is that Josephine needed a birthday gift for her friend, so while we were up in the big city, we went to Ulta Beauty supply to get the gift.  Samantha loves Ulta, but, was too stoned to know what was happening.  I found the gift, while Charlotte walked Samantha through the store, asking her not to touch stuff.  Samantha kept saying, I love this place; thank you for bringing me her; can I take this home?

I quickly got what I came for, and while I checked out, I received my Ulta birthday gift - since it was my birthday month.  It was some anti wrinkle cream (little slap in the face, huh, Ulta?).  Charlotte heroically herded Samantha back to the car without incident, and I handed Samantha the bag and told her she could keep my birthday gift.  She was elated.

About two days later, she comes to me with the Ulta bag, cream still inside, and says, Mom, this was in my room.  I have no idea who it belongs to or why I have it.  Poor kid - she had no memory of the trip at all.  I guess that's much better than having to feel the pain of six extractions!

0 screams from the fans...: