15 March 2019

Oh deer, Part Two

This time it was me.  I hit a deer.  I hit Ruth, to be precise.  Charlotte named her Ruth as we sat on the side of the road and waited for the State Trooper to visit the scene and assign us an incident report number.  Ruth couldn't stand, and as she struggled to make distance between the big black hunk of machinery that had just struck her, she kept falling back into the ditch.  It was truly a sad, pitiful moment. 

In my defense, Ruth was standing in the road and I didn't mean to hurt her.  If you have ever hit a deer, dear reader, you know that they just appear out of nowhere and they do not get out of the way.  A deer in headlights is a real thing - once you have a deer in your headlights, you hit it or you swerve - they don't move.

Poor Ruth.  Unfortunately, Ruth is my fifth deer.  Since she's Charlotte's first, the previous four did not get named.  Deer are everywhere here on the Shore - beware.



0 screams from the fans...: