19 September 2008

Time Out

Last weekend I was able to leave four out of five kids at home with James (thanks Babe, love you!) and go away for two days and spend it in St. Louis at Time Out For Women. This is a conference sponsered by Deseret Books and includes many Latter-day Saint authors, speakers and artists. It was much more musical than I expected, although very uplifting and refreshing. Thirteen of us traveled together, with two nursing infants, up to the conference. The biggest message I took away from the weekend was that if you are doing your best, then that is good enough. Our Father in Heaven sees your efforts and knows your trials and even when we think we have no strength left, He will fortify us to press on. It's all endure to the end! Plus, enjoy the little moments. Cherish your kids and their sense of wonder. Take the time to be fascinated by nature, by music, by our blessings and by our Divine Creator. Pause every chance you can to be thankful for the beauty and wonder that is our world. And, rememeber to breathe deeply. Thanks, friends, for helping make it a great weekend and a satisfying Time Out For Women!

5 screams from the fans...:

The Mechlings said...

that's so great that you got to go. I've always wanted to but somehow it's never quite worked out. What a treat to be able to take that time for yourself!

I have to tell you that as General Conference time rolls around each year, I always think of you and your family. I remember before the Salisbury Ward had a satellite, my family used to go to your family's house to watch conference. The best part was playing Atari between sessions ... lame, but true!!

and, thanks for the car travel suggestions!! I'll definitely give them a try next time!

Casey said...

What a fun trip. I loved seeing all those women that went with you and I know most of them. It looks like you had a great time. Wish I could have gone also. I'll try and remember to do all the stuff you said you learned. Thanks for the tips. I always have plenty of room for improvement. Tell everyone hi and that I miss them all.

Cindy Wells said...

Tina, what a great picture. I am so glad that so many got to go. I am planning for next time. sounds like it was awesome.

Becca & Joel said...

Tina, so glad we got to "time out" together! Had a blast with you, and noticed the same theme from all my notes as well. Was it exactly what you needed, too?

Kim said...

YEA! You blogged about our trip! I have yet to do it. I loved it. I am so glad you came and made me laugh the whole time. I love that now I know you even better. (I now know you are stubborn and way more funny than I thought you were!) Love you Tina!