30 June 2008

The Fourth !!!


The Fourth of July is my favorite holiday. Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas, too. Christmas is my favorite religous holiday and has great tradition and significance for religous purposes. And I love my birthday - who could forget St. Patrick's Day? But for pure holiday's sake, it's the Fourth of July, hands down. Maybe I like it so much because it's summer, and I love summer. Maybe it's because I am a history buff, or maybe it's because I'd rather grill outside and serve watermelon than deal with the candy, candy, and more candy associated with many other holidays. Another plus - no pressure of gift exchange. Maybe it's because my father served in Vietnam, my uncles spread through every branch of the military or because my brother Eric is serving his third tour in Afghanistan right now. Maybe it's because I am a decendent of General George Patton and James is a decendent of George Washington. Maybe it's because I choke up every time I hear the Star Spangled Banner. Or maybe it's because I am just as excited as the kids when it comes to the fireworks. I just love the Fourth of July. Everybody have a great one and God bless America.

3 screams from the fans...:

Casey said...

I couldn't agree more. I love the 4th. Especially in AR. We will be in AZ this year and we have to go somewhere to watch the fireworks. I'll miss sitting around with friends and family in the yard setting off our own. Have fun.

Emilee said...

I love the 4th too! I have very fond memories when Nathan and I were dating, and other family memories from the fourth. By the way, I love your blog! It is adorable and I think you are so creative! You inspire me!

Cherstin said...

Hi just thought i would check in. We are having fun and have sevived so far. I just have been missing our almost daily chats. I think i'll be home by sunday if not erlier. And then i want to have a girls night at my place. So be prepared to get girly!