20 June 2008

Amazing - Get Your Tissues ....

A son asked his father, "Dad, will you take part in a marathon with me?" The father who, despite having a heart condition, says "Yes". They went on to complete the marathon together. Father and son went on to join other marathons, the father always saying Yes to his son's request of going through the race together. One day, the son asked his father, "Dad, let's join the Ironman together." To which, his father said "Yes".

For those who don't know, Ironman is the toughest triathlon ever. The race encompasses three endurance events of a 2.4 mile (3.86 kilometer) ocean swim, followed by a 112 mile (180.2 kilometer) bike ride, and ending with a 26.2 mile (42.195 kilometer) marathon along the coast of the Big Island.

1 screams from the fans...:

Casey said...

Hi! I just thought I'd ad a little to this remarkable story. The son in this story joined the church. My sister was going to BU around that time and knew the girl who introduced him to the church. That was a few years back. I don't know if the parents have ever joined or not. I love this story. What an incredible dad.