14 October 2022

COVID

James is not pictured on the blog enough.  It's about the kids, true, but, look at my handsome husband.  

I made him the pictures in this post because we had COVID together.  He is certain that we got it from a doordash customer who came to James' drivers side window to get his delivery instead of waiting for me to take it to his door.  I mean, he was politely walking over, he saved me a trip, but James believes that contact - which is not supposed to happen - transmitted COVID from the customer to James.

We took the kids to Tilghman for a Saturday afternoon picnic.  The September splash is the picture from that day.  We had fun.  Beautiful weather; great company; watermelon.

By the time we got home Saturday afternoon, James said I should take Charlotte dashing because he was not feeling well.  He went to bed.  I dashed.  On Sunday, he did not get out of bed all day; neither did I.  We stayed in our room, moaning and achy and miserable.  The kids all brought us food and asked it we were still living - from the threshold of the door only.  No closer.  No Ezamay.  Just COVID.

I texted Justin on Sunday evening and said I was not feeling good.  He said, you should get a COVID test.  We did.  We had it.  Ugh.  James and I spent the whole week in bed.  Days went by and we didn't pick up our phones, watch any tv or even eat.  The only time I felt alive was while a HOT shower was soothing my soul  It was more horrible than I can explain.  And I don't want to go there again anyway.

The second week at home was better, but hardly a good time.  We slowly regained the will to interact with each other, let alone the world at large.  I missed two full weeks of work and we missed two full weeks of dashing.  Once we felt like we could work again, it sure was necessary.

I remember early in the COVID experience I had remarked that we should all just contract it and build antibodies and get over it.  Oh how wrong that is.  It was the closest I think I've been to death and it was not anything I care to repeat.

Still, here we are.  Alive and healthy and over it.  The hard way.

COVID had a bit of unsuspected collateral damage - a move.  Since I was late paying our rent that month, due to my sudden lack of funds, our landlord decided that our "excuses" were too much for her and she evicted us.  We paid our rent - let the records show - with a late fee.  Still, she said get out.  So we did.  And now we are in a new place (by November) and better off.

0 screams from the fans...: